Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #17 Wikis

My favorite wiki of the ones I explored is still Wikipedia. It's my favorite because I use it for fun stuff like looking up TV shows I missed plot synopsis', useless movie trivia my friends and I argue about or song lyrics I've been looking for. I didn't really have much luck editing my own comments with in the spl Sandbox. I could change the fonts, backgrounds, or colors of stuff other people added though. Then again I'm really bad with computers. I maybe kinda nerdy just not with technology. I have successfully added myself to the staff blog page.
I explored a few other library branches Wiki's like the one for the SJCPL Subject guides. It would be great to have one for our local California history considering how many great local Museums and State Parks we have in our area. The Regina Public library blogs because they had so many different topic pages Science Fiction and Fantasy, Movies, Business, graphic novels ect. I had fun exploring the movie it has good reviews nice graphics and the links are easy to use. Since I couldn't get back to the main library homepage I'm still not sure exactly were the library is I found the address once I think it's in Canada somewhere. I couldn't find the academic blog I was hoping for UC Riverside because they still have not answered my ask a library question I sent in last week and wanted to find another way into get my answer. San Diego and Berekly have on though. On to the next thing. Booklelf

No comments:

Post a Comment