Monday, August 3, 2009

Twilight

I wasn't crazy about Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I found it really slow and hard to get into. Maybe it's because I'm not a fourteen year old girl anymore? I don't care about Bella moving in with her dad in a town she hates for the last two years of high school. Moving is bad enough but Bella's social life improves in her new school. Several boys find her interstesting like Mike or Tyler but the one Bella is intrigued with is Edward. Edward can't get away from her fast enough at least at first.
Once Bella and Edward admit they like each other there is a whole new wrinkle to the getting to know you phase of a relationship. Edward is a Vampire. A "vegetarian" vampire no less (a vampire who lives on animal not human blood.) . The end of the book is also a bit predictable too. I knew exactly what was going to happen as soon as the other vampire trio arrived in the Forrest. Boy must protect girl. Girl runs off to protect boy and parents. Bad guy captures girl. Good guy rescues girl. Everyone goes home. I hope the next few books are better but I may just skip the middle and read the last one now. I'll decide after I start book two.
Bookelf

No comments:

Post a Comment